Authorised Engineer (Specialist Healthcare Ventilation)
As a respected and recognised long-standing independent consultant for the Management of Specialist Healthcare Ventilation systems. APE Ltd is considered to be qualified to the highest standard, and can be appropriately appointed by healthcare organisations as the Authorising Engineer for Ventilation (AEV) in accordance with HTM 03-01.
"The AE will act as an independent professional adviser to the healthcare organisation. The AE should be appointed by the organisation with a brief to provide services in accordance with health technical memoranda guidance. This may vary in accordance with the specialist service being supported."
"The AE will act as assessor and make recommendations for the appointment of Authorised Persons, monitor the performance of the service, and provide an annual audit to the Designated Person. To carry out this role effectively, particularly with regard to audit, it is preferable that the AE remains independent of the operational structure of the Trust."
Health Technical Memorandum 00 - Policies and principles of healthcare engineering
Healthcare organisations can therefore enter into contractual agreements with qualified and accredited independent, professional organisations to allow them to discharge their relevant guidance obligations in this matter. In entering into such agreements however, healthcare organisations must ensure that the proposed nominated AE is indeed qualified and accredited by appropriate accreditation bodies, such as IHEEM.
Design Validation - Installation and Commissioning of Specialist Healthcare Ventilation Systems
We can undertake all new-build and refurbishment project design validation, installation and commissioning processes, ensuring that designs, installations and commissioning tasks comply with all current guidance, regulations and best-practices (HTM 03-01 Part A) for Healthcare Ventilation systems.
The Process Includes:
- Close involvement with design consultants, control of infection teams and the user to ensure appropriate and suitable specifications of the design and installation of Specialist Healthcare Ventilation systems
- Advice on the selection of appropriate and suitable components
- Hand-over protocols - implementation and policing
- Arbitration between consultants, installers and the user
Pre-planned Maintenance Systems Development
We can be commissioned to design and provide detailed and sufficient pre-planned maintenance programmes (PPM) for Specialist Healthcare Ventilation systems, designed specifically with the type of building and susceptibility of the service users in-mind. This ensures that all necessary inspection and monitoring tasks are carried out correctly and that all the relevant personnel are able to manage the information and data collected.
Typical PPM Programmes Include:
- Training requirements for all personnel who:
- are involved in carrying out the tasks/managing the information and data collected
- are involved in task specifications for each task, including step-by-step instructions
- require a methodology for carrying out the tasks including SOPs
- Preparation of paper-based and/or electronic PPM programmes & Advice Note systems
- Selection of appropriate tools and measuring equipment plus training for their use
- Measured parameter limits and results interpretation
- Management, supervision and policing of contractors when PPM work is outsourced
- Reporting methodology
- Fault identification and correction
- Process management
As part of the service packages we are able to offer a comprehensive project management service including provision of advice and support at project inception, business case development, design stages, and on-site supervision & commissioning to ensure all stages are undertaken in compliance to HTM 03-01 standards.
Contract Adherence for Specialist Healthcare Ventilation Systems
- Reporting methodology, fault identification and fault correction
- Process management
- On-going auditing
- Steering committee attendance